- With Heart and Hands: A Quilting Journey
- What If?
- Alzheimer's Illustrated:From Heartbreak to Hope
- Healing Hearts Textile Arts
- The Healing Art of Sewing and Quilting
- Fidget Quilts
- Making Prayer Flags
- My Tutorial Link Lists: By Themes
- Please Respect Creative Common Copyrights
- With Heart and Hands: Michele Bilyeu (blog)
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Goodbye, to My Sweet Little Mama...
And I am deeply grateful that I was able to make the arrangements to fly up here on the very same day, and be able to kiss her goodbye on the next.
Bless you, thank you, and love you, so very much, my sweet little mama.
My Mother Had Never Gotten Alzheimer's?????
1. My mother, Nell Grace Pelletier/Peltier Savikko
born 9-1-25 in St. Martinville, Louisiana to French Immigrants who first settled in Canada, then migrated to Louisiana...." Acadians..or Cajuns"
died 9-8-13 died in Douglas, Alaska in our childhood home, surrounded by family after 8 going on 9 years of Alzheimer's and many years of dedicated love and care giving among all of us.
2. The road past Savikko Park to the right and the Douglas Boat Harbor to the left. I walked down in the early morning light at 5:30 a..m. on Monday, the 9th, to feel the peace and the beauty of a life well lived and well loved. A life where my pioneer Alaskan father and my Cajun French mother, hiked, boated picnicked and worked very, very hard as they raised 5 children in a land of great beauty but many challenges, as well.
Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska. Sewing, quilting, and wildcrafting, with small format art quilts, prayer flags, and comfort quilts for a variety of charitable programs. And best of all, sharing thousands of links to Free Quilt and Quilt Block Patterns and encouraging others to join in her Liberated Quilting Challenge and make and donate small art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) Help us change the world, one little quilt at a time!