- With Heart and Hands: A Quilting Journey
- What If?
- Alzheimer's Illustrated:From Heartbreak to Hope
- Healing Hearts Textile Arts
- The Healing Art of Sewing and Quilting
- Fidget Quilts
- Making Prayer Flags
- My Tutorial Link Lists: By Themes
- Please Respect Creative Common Copyrights
- With Heart and Hands: Michele Bilyeu (blog)
Thursday, January 03, 2008
In The Sewing Room
I spent some lovely time in the sewing room yesterday...trying out my free-motion abilities with the new Viking Sapphire. Obviously, this is a bit over-quilted for a lowly potholder, but I sure did have fun!
And after weeks of Serging Ahead Towards Christmas and sewing 6 dozen cloth napkins, 3 aprons, 8 potholders, 3 tea caddy's and so forth and so on with the old machine that could barely hold a seam...this is a dream.
Holiday Happenings in My Happiness Haven have changed dramatically, now that I have a sewing machine that can sew decent seams and I have been rediscovering my love of meander stitching. I have been having such fun free-motioning like I actually thought I knew what I was doing... and then turning it over and finding a perfect bobbin stitch side, too!
And best of all, the owner of the old worn-out, burned hot pads (who gave so many new ones to others) is now the proud owner of 1 new one, herself, and the promise of more to come!
W00t, w00t !