- With Heart and Hands: A Quilting Journey
- What If?
- Alzheimer's Illustrated:From Heartbreak to Hope
- Healing Hearts Textile Arts
- The Healing Art of Sewing and Quilting
- Fidget Quilts
- Making Prayer Flags
- My Tutorial Link Lists: By Themes
- Please Respect Creative Common Copyrights
- With Heart and Hands: Michele Bilyeu (blog)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Quilts for Japan : UPDATE
Dana Jones, managing editor of Quilter's Newsletter
.... if you are sending Quilts for Japan directly to Japan: do not send them until May 1 at the earliest.
.....if you are sending quilts to Quilters Newsletter in Colorado for their collection for Japan, mail new quilts immediately, or no later than April 30, 2011 to:
741 Corporate Circle, Suite A
Golden, CO 80401
• Mark your box: “Quilts for Japan" or just "Japan"
• Enclose your name, address, phone number, and email address with the quilts.
Patchwork Tsushin Co.Ltd
Tohoku Kanto Earthquake Comfort Quilts
〒113-0033 Tokyo, Bunkyoku, Hongo 5-28-3
If you have additional questions for the American Editor and mailing them here:email Senior Editor Dana Jones.
Please send only new quilts! And if the situation develops as it did in Haiti, keep updated because eventually, they may truly only want money and transportation and delivery may make the whole idea too challenging or not even practical.
Wonder how quilts are used in Japan and what colors, styles are most appreciated? Check Jan MacFadyen's blog and her letter from Sandra Shigeno with wonderful information on that. It's important for all of us to understand and appreciate cultural differences and know that quilts are not always appropriate for donation.
Read Dana Jone's (Senior Editor at QN) own amazing story of an earthquake she experienced in Japan at the International Quilt Week Yohohama in November. As a quilter you will understand,connect, laugh, and maybe cry in the wake of things now, to her own quilter's experience.