- With Heart and Hands: A Quilting Journey
- What If?
- Alzheimer's Illustrated:From Heartbreak to Hope
- Healing Hearts Textile Arts
- The Healing Art of Sewing and Quilting
- Fidget Quilts
- Making Prayer Flags
- My Tutorial Link Lists: By Themes
- Please Respect Creative Common Copyrights
- With Heart and Hands: Michele Bilyeu (blog)
Friday, October 21, 2011
On The Cheap With October Projects
What do you do when you find flannel triangles on a freecycle table?
1. Make cloth diapers for dolls
2. Make bibs for pet mice
3. Make a baby quilt that's sewn with love.
What do you do with bits of leftover patriotic fabrics tossed into the trashbin?
1. Make a cot quilt for a G.I. Joe doll.
2. Make a patriotic cover for your car's rear view mirror.
3. Make a drink wrap that's suitable for multiple occasions.
What do you do when someone gives you 3/4 of a yard of fun fabric?
1.Save it for a special project.
2.Cut it up and use it as scraps in a quilt.
3. Make a loved one (or yes, even your self) a new senior bib.
What do you do when your husband scorches too many of your best kitchen potholders?
1. Tell him that he has to use his scorched ones and nothing else.
2. Tell him he cannot no longer cook in your kitchen.
3.Use scraps leftover from a quilt and make a scrappy double potholder that hangs on the stove handle. (men seldom look around for the things they need, so he'll grab the scorched ones in the drawer ;)
What do you do when you need a gift bag for Halloween candy and don't have one on hand?
1. Go buy one at the dollar store.
2. Use a ziplock or paper bag and drawpictures on them.
3. Take a section of recycled newspaper and sew a couple of them, in just minutes!
What do you do when you go through rotary cutting blades like crazy?
1. Chock it up to the price of quilting.
2. Buy a sharpener tool and try resharpening them over and over.
3. Ask your husband to pick up some carpet cutter blades from Harbor Freight for $1.49-$1.99 a package..two in a package.
I'm on my second pkg. since mid-summer. And yes, they are just as sharp as Olfa or Fiskars, but no they don't stay as sharp for as long. But at 75 cents a piece, while I'm living on the super cheap..they work just fine for now.
What do you do when you need to just 'Put on Your Big Girl Pants' and deal with the challenges of life?
1.You put them on.
2. You deal.
3. You have a good laugh at just how strange life is sometimes!
(And yes, I sent a copy of the photo to Em... who both wears, and celebrates hers ;)
And yes...of course I also worked on my favorite things to make...tiny art quilts! I think I was working on about 10 at once this month...finished and mailed 6 in to AAQI ;) Some of the ones shown, here are giveaways and a couple I might sell to earn more rotary blade money :)
Michele Bilyeu quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) With Heart and Hands Join my friend-connect to receive my frequent updates on quilting, crafting,and updates for thousands and thousands of free patterns and tutorials..over on the right hand side.