- With Heart and Hands: A Quilting Journey
- What If?
- Alzheimer's Illustrated:From Heartbreak to Hope
- Healing Hearts Textile Arts
- The Healing Art of Sewing and Quilting
- Fidget Quilts
- Making Prayer Flags
- My Tutorial Link Lists: By Themes
- Please Respect Creative Common Copyrights
- With Heart and Hands: Michele Bilyeu (blog)
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Fabric Bags and Birthday Card Envelopes
Our family chooses to only use gift wrap that is reusable. For Christmas, all of my gifts were wrapped in fabric and either self tied with the corners of that fabric or simply wrapped with ribbons, rick rack or cordings.
I am now in the process of adding to my shaped gift bag collection for all occasions. In this case, I made a fabric envelope for a homemade birthday card. I created this one yesterday...just in time for a family birthday party.
The block pattern is actually from Marcia Hohn's collection at Quilter's Cache. She calls this pattern Indian Star. By using busy fish patterned fabrics next to one another, it created a lovely muted effect that I felt was very reminiscent of looking at fish under water.
And it went with the fabric that the actual gifts were wrapped in...and with my theme, as well ;)